Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Donated Mizzou Quilt

This is the quilt I am donating for the live auction at our church's fundraiser.  I used three different Mizzou fabrics, two for the front and a third one for the back.  I just made a simple pattern, nothing fancy.  My aunt Marge quilted it for me on her ginormous long arm quilting machine.  She always does such a wonderful job. 

I love surprises on the backing.  I used a leftover strip from the front piecing.
Sure hope it does well during the auction!!

5 comments:

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

let's go tigers!!!!! only people I know who wouldn't want a Mizzou quilt are my crazy Nebraska family and most anybody from Kansas. LOL, just kidding, Nice quilt hopefully you'll get a few politians at the auction like they did around here to drive up the price a bit and make more for your church.

Quiltstory said...

When people love Mizzou they love Mizzou!! It'll do great! I just moved from the area two months ago (Kirksville) I would come to Columbia to get decent fabric!!

Thanks for link to our party, hope to see you next week!!

Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings said...

Great pic's of what you have created. I like that you have shared such a good writing.

Larri said...

Great quilt! I used to visit Columbia with my grandfather when I was a littl girl. It's a beautiful spot to see! Buzzing By...Happy Thursday! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

Anonymous said...

WOW -- what a great quilt and what generosity!