Monday, July 16, 2012

$1 Folding Laundry Hamper

100_4495100_4496
Here’s the pitiful before…silver fake stainless steel, torn laundry bag. But the good news is that I only paid $1 for it at an auction!  Sam needs a laundry hamper for his bathroom and that’s why I bought this baby! 
100_5028
I used some leftover spray paint…hammered metal in an oil rubbed bronze color and gave it several good coats. 
100_5029
I was going to make a new bag for it, but as I was ready to cut it apart for the pattern, I realized that the bag itself wasn’t in terribly bad shape.  So I just replaced the loops and sewed up a few holes it the seams.
100_5031
Then I gave it a good bleaching and it brightened up a lot.  When I make a new one, I will do it a little differently.  There were a few design flaws in this bag that I could fix!
100_5033
Signature

2 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

One dollar??!! Total score! Sure looks better after the spray paint.

Morristown, NJ Antiques said...

What a great idea!