Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Vodka Bottle Light

100_6453
Ok, let me just start by saying that I did not drink the vodka! I made vanilla for Christmas gifts this year and I admit I bought the Absolut Vodka because of the cobalt blue bottle. 
100_6249
The wine bottles filled with lights are at every craft show I have been to lately.  They have lots of different decorations and I love the way the lights look inside them.
100_6247
But I don’t like how the cord comes out the top of the bottle.  Sooo, I got out the glass drill and made a hole at the bottom of the bottle.  This hole is just big enough to stuff the lights and cord through it. You can find the lights that don’t have the connector plug at the end. 
100_6397
I added a burlap bow with a blue stripe that matches the bottle and tied on some acorns jingle bells.
100_6394
They used to be fall colors, but I spray painted them…
100_6399
Loving how it looks!
100_6430
Here it is lit up outside on the deck with the other décor!  And now it sits by the Christmas tree.
100_6453
I am linking to these great parties!
Signature

7 comments:

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Ellen you've done it again! This is such a beautiful project! I love it!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

I love this. It's like stars in midnight blue. Great matching burlap bow!
Karen

allisamazing said...

The lights look so pretty twinkling through the blue bottle! Love this idea and am pinning it :)

Kristen said...

I have always wanted to know how to do this so THANK YOU for posting! Such a great idea and LOVE the burlap touch!

Kristen at http://primaldifference.blogspot.com/

Cassie Bustamante said...

looks so magical and pretty!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

any project that starts with a vodka bottle is bound to be a good one!! this turned out so great! Thank you so much for linking to our party!

Megan Gunyan said...

Wow, great job! It look so festive, perfect for the holiday.