Friday, May 3, 2013

Fabric Organizer Basket

100_7496

I saw that Jenn over at A Jennuine Life had made one of these for a package pal exchange.  I loved hers and so went over to Noodlehead and bought that pattern. 

100_7497

Jenn is a much more professional seamstress than me, not that I am not proud of my finished product…what’s that you say?  It looks like the center divider is crooked, NO, that can’t be!!  Note to self—use matching thread instead of contrasting thread…that way when you stitch all willy-nilly it won’t be as obvious!

100_7501

I used scraps I had at home…the pattern was fairly easy to use.  It comes with full sized pattern pieces that you just cut out and tape together, so there is no enlarging and all that stuff. 

100_7502

The basket is a nice size, holds enough but isn’t too large!  I am going to use it to hold yarn and crochet hooks and such.

100_7500

I might be linking up to these great parties…

signature21

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This is sooo adorable.. I love the fabric you chose and what a pretty way to store your stuff!
xoxo
Amie @ Pinkapotamus

p.s.phyllis sews said...

It looks really pretty and would make organizing fun in any room!
Phyllis

Ana Love Craft said...

Just adorable! Love the fabrics that you choose!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Genie said...

How cute! Love the birds!

Jill said...

What a lovely bag Ellen! And I can't see any wonky stitching!! Love the fabric!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Rebecca @ Herons Crafts said...

This looks so great! I love the idea of using fabric to make a cute storage basket!

With A Blast said...

This is so lovely! And the fabric is awesome :-)

Linda
With A Blast

Crystelle Boutique said...

what fun fabrics you used for this fun bag! It looks super convenient.... Would make a great beach bag too, I think! I love how the separator goes the other direction.... so unusual... :)
Good sewing, my friend! Happy mothers day!!..… :)

hugs xx
Crystelle
Crystelle Boutique

Crafts a la Mode said...

Very nice. I'd like one, too. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful love this. Well done